2100+ 5-STAR REVIEW
Our Los Angeles electricians provide 24-hour emergency electrical service you can rely on no matter what kind of situation you are facing. We address the causes overloads, burnt wires, flickering lights, shocks, burns, and power loss.
24/7 Emergency Electricians
An electrical emergency is never something that can wait. We provide emergency electrical repair service day and night so you can call whenever a problem occurs. Our team is available 24/7 and is just a phone call away. We know that an electrical short or faulty fixture or appliance can spark or cause more damage at any time. Since 1982, Express Electrical Services and our trained, licensed technicians have been keeping clients safe and making sure they’re never left in the dark. They can take on any job, big or small, quickly and effectively.
Before and After
GENERAL SAFETY TIPS
- Keep electrical appliances away from small children and use plug covers on power outlets.
- Teach children the basics of electrical safety.
- Unplug appliances by pulling on the plug before performing maintenance or repairs.
- When in doubt, contact a Los Angeles certified electrician to install, fix, or remove wiring.
- Check extension cords for damage before usage.
- Regularly inspect electrical tools and equipment.
- Never operate an electrical appliance near water.
- Keep cables away from high-traffic areas.
- Check for proper wattage and use rated extension cords.
- Know how to use your circuit breaker.
- Replace or repair faulty electrical equipment ASAP.
- Keep a fire extinguisher and fire blanket in a convenient location.
- Make sure you have a working smoke alarm on each floor of your home.
Signs of An Electrical Emergency
Electrical problems can manifest in a variety of ways. Common symptoms of an electrical emergency include:
A common fixture in the 1960s and 1970s, aluminum wiring is susceptible to expanding and contracting as the temperature changes. Over time, this can lead to loose connections and pose a serious fire hazard. A Los Angeles licensed electrician can help you replace your home’s aluminum wiring with safer, industry-standard copper wiring.
A constant buzzing or humming noise near switches or electrical outlets may signal an issue with wiring in the outlet box or a faulty outlets. The noise may be coupled with hot outlet or switch faces.
Frequent circuit breaker trips may point to overloading or a wiring issue. Tripping can also be caused by a faulty appliance connected to the circuit.
A damaged power cord can cause appliances to fail and pose a fire hazard. If you notice damage or exposed wiring within a power cord, turn off the power switch and unplug it.
Commonly caused by stormy or windy weather, dimming or flickering house lights may also point to faulty wiring, damage to the lighting fixture, or an overloaded circuit. If the issue persists during calm weather, it’s time to contact an experienced Los Angeles electrician.
GFCIs are required by code to be installed anywhere an electrical current touches the ground or is near running water. These devices help protect against deadly electric shocks. A faulty GFCI can place you at risk of injury and may signal faulty wiring.
A power outage may occur due to stormy weather, overloading, faulty wiring, or issues with the circuit breaker. Power surges can cause damage to appliances and pose a fire hazard. You can greatly reduce the risk of a power surge by plugging your electrical devices into a surge protector
The distinct odor of burning plastic is almost a surefire sign of an electrical emergency. If you catch even a faint whiff of burning plastic, immediately shut off the breaker and contact a 24 hour electrician in Los Angeles. Ignoring the problem can result in melting wires and a potential electrical fire
What Is Considered an Electrical Emergency?
A wide range of circumstances can be considered an electrical emergency. You can count on our home emergency electrical service in Los Angeles if you experience any of the following:
- Multiple lights repeatedly flicker.
- An outlet or switch feels hot.
- An outlet/switch makes a buzzing sound.
- Your or anyone in your household are shocked.
- A circuit breaker trips multiple times.
- Power is partially lost in your home.
- A wire shorts out or appears frayed.
- You can smell something burning.
- An outlet or light socket appears burnt.
- The electrical panel or an appliance gets wet.
Cost of a 24-Hour Emergency Electrician
Electrical emergency service in California comes at a cost. Many customers are more concerned about their bill than the emergency, but it’s hard for us to provide one flat estimate for emergency visits. The cost of emergency electrical service depends on your location, the time you need emergency service, and the electrician’s experience and certifications. We also factor in the cost of parts and how far we need to travel.
Fast Response Times
We offer 60-to-90-minute response times for emergency electrical repair service in Los Angeles. Our live operators will always answer your call. Once you request emergency service, our technicians are dispatched in fully stocked trucks, so all the parts, components, and equipment will be available to fix the problem on the spot.