Electrical Outlets and Switches Installation & Repair in Los Angeles
When an electrical problem strikes, you need an experienced certified electrician in Los Angeles who can help at a moment’s notice
2100+ 5-STAR REVIEW
Electricians Serving Orange County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County & Ventura County
Express Electrical Services services all of Southern California, and has offices in Santa Ana & Riverside so we can easily dispatch an electrician to your residence. We guarantee prompt response times and will arrive within 60-90mins of your call.
When Is It Time For A New Outlet or Switch?
Chances are if yours is an older Los Angeles home and it’s been awhile since an electrician has given your wiring a once over, the switches and outlets more than likely require an upgrade. However, it’s not merely the age of your home’s electrical system that matters, it’s how that system was originally installed and relays electricity today that also counts.
A switch/outlet upgrade is an immediate necessity if you have:
Builders grade outlets
Old wiring connected via “backstabbing”
Our fully-licensed master electricians can improve the safety and performance of your switch and outlets by ensuring the connectivity of the circuit no longer relies on running through the device or appliance being used. Let Express Electrical Services help you usher your switches and outlets into the modern electrical age.
Electric outlet installation may also be necessary if you are needing an outlet in a location where there is not one currently. You may also wish to explore the option of GFCI outlet installation in areas where moisture is present in order to eliminate the risk of electric shock. Finally, if your outlet is showing signs of not functioning correctly it is important to have an outlet repair or replacement performed as soon as possible.
TROUBLESHOOTING A FAULTY ELECTRICAL OUTLET
If you notice that your outlet is not supplying power like it should, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue. These steps include:
- If the outlet is switch controlled, start by making sure the switch is in the “on” position.
- If other outlets on the same wall are dead as well, it may mean that the entire circuit is dead. Go to your breaker panel, locate the circuit breaker that corresponds with the dead outlets, and flip it off then back on once.
- If you have a GFCI outlet anywhere in the circuit and it has been tripped, power to any outlet downstream of the GFCI outlet will be cut off. Locate the switch on your GFCI outlet and press the “on/off” button to reactivate it.
- If nothing has worked up to this point, there may be a loose wire in your outlet. With the power off, check to make sure that all the wires to the outlet are securely connected. If you don’t feel comfortable reconnecting the wires to your outlet, you can call a Los Angeles electrician to perform the repair.
If all the wires are connected properly and the outlet is still not functioning, you will need to have electric outlet installers replace the faulty outlet.
REPLACING, REPAIRING & INSTALLING SWITCHES AND OUTLETS
Whether you need to repair or replace a faulty switch or outlet or you would like to upgrade the switches and outlets in your home to something safer and more modern, the electrical installers at Express Electrical Services are able to help. Our Los Angeles electrical contractors work to help you choose the best outlets and switches for your home and ensure that they are installed correctly.
WHY HIRE AN ELECTRICIAN TO INSTALL & REPAIR OUTLETS AND SWITCHES
Some outlets & switches – especially complex outlets such as GFCI outlets – can be tricky to install and repair. This makes it important that you trust an experienced electrician to help you install and repair switches and outlets in your home. In the event of an emergency, a 24 hour electrician will also be able to help you make the necessary repairs and restore your switch or outlet to working order.
Why Choose Express Electrical Services?
We can help plan and design home remodeling or additions for optimal electrical efficiency. Here’s what Express Electrical Services provides:
- Commitment to prompt, top-quality residential service
- Quoted up-front fixed pricing
- Over 35 years of experience
- Angie’s List Super Service Award Winner since 2001
- Experience in planning and designing home remodeling or additions for optimal electrical efficiency
Contact Express Electrical Services for expert, full-service assistance with your Los Angeles home’s switches and outlets and much, much more! When it comes time to repair or replace the outlets and switches in your home, you can count on the expert electricians at Express Electrical Services. We are available 24/7, respond in 60-90 minutes, offer a financing programs and offer a quality guarantee on all the work we complete. Not just that, we service all of Southern California!
If you would like to learn more about how we can help you repair or replace the outlets and switches in your home, we invite you to contact us today.
Located in Orange County? Learn about our Santa Ana Electrical Outlet/Switch Installation & Repairs.